Thursday, July 13, 2006

Enough!

We just returned from an almost two-week getaway to the Outer Banks (OBX for those in the know) and Williamsburg, VA, thinking that we escaped from the worst of (Alleged) Home Addition 2006. Wrong! We returned to an inch of dust on everything we own, including the five-and a half foot jacuzzi bathtub sitting in the middle of my living room floor. A new coffee table! Lucky us! It goes well with the end tables - boxes of toilets and plumbing fixtures. At least the kids have something else to sit on besides my bed, which is, of course, in my living room...which isn't terrible, being that my "kitchen" (a fridge, a microwave and some paper plates) is now in my dining room, and my old kitchen is no more.

And just to add to my dismay, the contractors knocked out our internet connection.

So, we have moved out until further notice. I'll post when I move back in. Baby #4, btw, is scheduled for 10:30 am on August 4th. My granite countertop people are coming out to template on July 24th. What will be finished first? Perhaps we can start a poll or something.
I'd post pictures, but Vincent dropped the camera in OBX and it is broken. Can you say Nikon D80?

I so totally need a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home