Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lucky

Blogger just ate my big long post, which was about being exasparated in the first place. Everything has been going on all at once lately, and things have just been insane.

So instead of retyping everything right now that I just lost, here's a snapshot of what life has been like lately. It should help illuminate things a bit.

Yesterday, Vincent and I were going to have a nice, quiet lunch together because things have been exceedingly stressful and the kids are in camp from 9am - 1 pm three days a week (We're writing it off as a construction cost...I challenge you to find a cheaper alternative to get my kids out of the construction fray every damn morning before the pool opens!).

Anyway, I was late, and seemingly driving behind the world's slowest people. I called Vincent to vent, adding that the person driving the red dump truck in front of me was probably drunk.

"Look at him! He's swerving all over the damn road!" I had barely uttered these words when the guy proceeded to drive full speed into a tree.

So there I was, due to give birth in eleven days, staring at a bloody two-hundred pound man in a now flaming car, wondering if I could conceivably pull him to safety.

Thank God a landscaper appeared from nowehere and pulled him out while I was still stammering to 911 about how I wasn't exactly sure which was the nearest cross-street. Although, in retrospect, a pregnant woman pulling a man from a flaming car might have made an interesting news story...like I need my 15 minutes of fame to be on a day where I wasn't able to shower or even put on underwear before the contractors arived at my house. Or in maternity clothes at all, for that matter. Where was the flaming car when I was wearing my skinny jeans???

Needless to say, I didn't get that quiet lunch with my husband. Instead, I spent my alone-time watching the flames engulf first the car, and then the tree it had struck, before giving a statement that will likely get me a witness subpeona while I'm still recovering from my C-Section.

But, like the addition and the baby and everything else, I'm quite lucky, albiet stressed. Lucky I wasn't that guy. Lucky I wasn't driving on the other side of the road, or picnicing under that tree with my kids.

Lucky to be having another beautiful baby girl, and a new kitchen, and a whirlpool bathtub and a built-in window seat, but damn if it isn't inconvenient at the moment to be pregnant and under construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home