Friday, January 21, 2005

Twelve Steps

This is how pathetic I am:

Last night I went to Target in order to exchange my new shower curtain liner for the right color. Do you know I was actually trying to scrub the mold off my old one? They are $5.99 at Target. NEVER SCRUB A SHOWER CURTAIN LINER. What a waste of like, 20 whole minutes of my life. OK, my MIL's life mostly, when she was visiting after Adelyn was born. Cleaning is not generally a high priority in this household, but I do welcome out of town guests who like to scrub my filthy home.

Here's how uninvolved I am in my own housecleaning:

When my MIL came to visit, I found her in the downstairs coat closet. "Vincent asked me to tackle the closet," she says. I am so out of the cleaning loop in my own home that 1) I didn't know the coat closet was a problem and 2) my husband had absolutely no hope that I would notice, so he had to beg his mother for help and finally 3) I had pretty much forgotten that we had a coat closet in the first place.

Of course I let her clean it. I am not an idiot.

Oh, but I digress. Last night.

Anyway, I get to the return counter at Target, and the woman looks up at me and says, "Hey...are you here like, every day?"

Hello. My name is Lisa, and I am a Target-oholic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I grew up in Minnesota, and we used to shop at the #3 Target (back when there were under 100, and they still numbered them on the receipts)--it was at Knollwood, in St. Louis Park--and then my dad WORKED for Target for 5 years and we got an employee discount. I have a serious problem with Target. It worries my husband.

When we first moved to our new home, 700 miles south of our old one, the first place I went to feel better and less lonely was Target. And I managed to spend...about one hundred dollars.

But I'll tell you a secret: it was a better store ten years ago. Must be the China price, making it possible for every retailer in America to change their entire inventory every six to eight weeks. Or maybe the explosive nation-wide growth. Nevertheless, Target was better 10 years ago.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Stolidoli said...

That one hundred dollar thing must be subliminally projected in the muzac they play or something....WEIRD.

I am SO jealous that you have been shopping at Target for 10 years!! If I didn't think I'd spend more than my paycheck every shift, I'd get a job there just for the discount. But to have SOMEONE ELSE bestow the discount to you, by virtue of relation. Wow.

Thanks so much for posting! I know you can't see me, but I'm doing the happy dance for having a reader! ;) Wecome! Welcome!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home