Wednesday, February 23, 2005

And it's back to Burger King

OK, has anyone been to McDonald's and received their new Jungle Book Happy Meal toy? I spent AN HOUR trying to put the thing together. Other parents would look over at me in Spatial Relations Hell (that's level 4 for you Dante lovers out there) and caution their children, "Mommy will TRY to put it together for you, but it seems like it might be a little HARD."

Eventually, I gave up, and let them play with the little Ka snake they gave us. Riley didn't skip a beat - he put it together in a strange new way and then promptly threw his little creation at his sister. Bella threw hers right back and, ALAS! a new fun snake-tree-house-throwing-game was born.

Even so, I think we'll be hitting Burger King from now on, because I'm a retro junkie and I used to hang out in the back of a record store when I was a kid.

But one plus, in the spirit of the crusade to be nice to other mothers, I did make a friend today at McDonald's. I don't know her name, but she couldn't put the damn tree house together either.

Nice to meet you, cute skinny woman in a jogging suit! See you at Burger King!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that we have been living at McDonalds, just so my 2 year old can collect the ponies. I guess its over now. She adores My Little Ponies, especially when she got one free with her Happy Meal.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Stolidoli said...

I'm glad I'm not the only sucker buying Happy Meals for toys - but it keeps them quiet and happy for like, almost two whole hours from start to finish, so it's the best money I spend all week!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only problem with switching to Burger King is that you'd have to eat Burger King food. Gack! I am glad those creepy cards are gone from Happy Meals though -- I just didn't know what to make of them.

Jenn

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home