Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Pestilence is never fat free

I can't keep this Michael Jackson photo up any longer at the top of my page, because he frightens me, and this is a family page.

We spent the weekend at my mom's again - it was her birthday - and now that we've come home, the pestilence has returned. This time, it has targeted Riley, who had a fever last night of 105.7 and threw up all over his bed sheets while I was reading him a story.

Being the selfish woman that I am, I can't help but be disappointed to miss $100 playgroup today. It's at my immediate neighbor's which is the best spot to have it, since I can put Adelyn down for her nap and then wander back and forth between our houses with the monitor.

It's like having it at home, but without having to clean first. Or blow $100.

That, and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground. And I know you all love snowman photos. I can't imagine that we'll make it outside, which isn't all that bad, since I don't own a pair of snowboots. Instead, I have sneakers from 1998 with little holes in the bottoms that the snow seeps through.

Well, at least I have an excuse for another Target run.

In other, slightly related news, I joined Weight Watchers again last Thursday night. And, true to form, since then I have been eating crap.

Here is a list of the dinners I've eaten since driving in a snowstorm and paying $40 to join Weight Watchers:

Pizza, followed by birthday cake
Pizza, followed by birthday cake (no, this is not a typo. I did it TWICE)
Chicken Piccata (made with a whole stick of butter) and Orzo tossed in heavy cream, egg and parmasean cheese
Pan-fried (in more butter) pork chops with twice baked potatoes

Now granted, I did count points when I made the twice baked potatoes, but STILL. And, annd...I ate Burger King for lunch yesterday. And chocolate covered strawberries for dessert for the last two nights.

So I guess missing $100 playgroup might be a good thing today, what with the hors d'oeuvres, white pizza, and cheesecake...

...Unless I eat that leftover chili and cornbread for lunch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Ok spill it..who is your chef? In this house we eat thinkgs like Hamburger helper....Baking stuff in double cream just sounds...Rich!!!

LOL Sorry little one is sick. My son has fevers like that too..go sky high.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Stolidoli said...

I'm the chef, silly! I adore cooking. And the orzo is easy - you literally cook it according to the directions, and toss it in a bowl with a beaten egg, a few tablespoons of cream and about 1/2 cup of shredded parm. Then top it with sauteed spinach and garlic. It's delicious!

And boy, I haven't been to Wendy's in a while. They make a Weight Watchers friendly taco salad that's pretty good, actually!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You've made me hungry, too!! Now I've got to go scavenge the kitchen and find a snack!

I sure hope Riley is feeling better!!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home